The UK’s Top 10 Christmas Foods

What are your favourite Christmas foods? For me, it wouldn’t be Christmas Day if I didn’t eat my body weight in Terry’s Chocolate Orange, KP Cheese Footballs, Celebrations, crackers and mince pies.

From chocolate, cheese and crackers, to pate, pigs in blankets and Prosecco, discover the UK’s most-loved Christmas foods in this festive new infographic from Virginia Hayward, a luxury hamper company catering for dietary requirements. If you’re struggling to find the perfect present for a vegan, coeliac or diabetic this Christmas, a luxury food and drink hamper would be ideal.

The infographic also reveals the UK’s top five Christmas food pairings, including two of my personal favourites; wine and cheese, and chocolate and champagne. Meanwhile, cheese lovers will enjoy finding out the UK’s favourite cheeses, although the results may surprise some. I was shocked that Camembert wasn’t included – Christmas is one of the only times of the year I can get away with dunking mounds of crusty bread into hot, gooey baked Camembert (my own personal baked Camembert, that is).

When it comes to our festive tipple, you’re most likely to find us with a glass of wine, Prosecco, Port or champagne in our hands. That said, I know a few people who wouldn’t be without a hot mug of mulled wine or a cold pint of beer or ale on Christmas Day!

Top 10 Christmas foods in the UK

Are you surprised to discover the UK’s top 10 Christmas foods? Are there any other Christmas foods that you would’ve expected to be on this list? Let me know your thoughts in the comment box below.

Festive foods: what are the UK's favourite Christmas foods?

This is a collaborative post.

30 Comments

1. Komal
    December 20, 2017 / 5:38 pm

Great graphic! I feel like these are all the same in the US too

• December 21, 2017 / 12:48 pm

That’s funny, some people have commented that the UK’s top Xmas foods seem far different to those in the States.

2. Joline
    December 20, 2017 / 8:22 pm

I love Terry’s Chocolate Orange. We don’t always get them here but we when we do we grab a couple! I haven’t actually tasted mince pie, hope to find a local place that serves really good ones!

• December 21, 2017 / 12:44 pm

Omg! You need to taste a mince pie 🙂 I thought everyone ate mince pies at Christmas – is it just a British thing?

3. December 20, 2017 / 8:43 pm

That’s informative. Even tho I don’t celebrate Christmas but there are many ideas/options to choose from, for holiday bash or family gathering.

• December 21, 2017 / 12:42 pm

I love Christmas. I’m not religious but for me, it’s a time when family comes together and, of course, lots of amazing food is eaten!

4. thefashionwanderer
    December 21, 2017 / 12:04 am

My cousin got married and now live in Manchester, UK for 1 year now. She LOVES wine so much and she shared with me they do drink wine pairing with foods.

• December 21, 2017 / 12:41 pm

Wine pairing is really popular in the UK! It can be really fun too. I also enjoy wine tasting evenings!

5. December 21, 2017 / 12:31 am

I was so surprised to see that cambert is not on the list as surely that is a classic for Christmas?! Still I was pleased to see my favourite goats cheese on there and I do love brie too. Basically lets round up all the cheese haha! Oh and I checked out Virginia Hayward as well and the hamper options look fab!

• December 21, 2017 / 12:39 pm

Glad you enjoyed the read! I love their hampers too. Even though I don’t have a dietary requirement, they were very appealing to me. I couldn’t believe Camembert isn’t one of the UK’s top Xmas foods. I adore it <3

6. Vasundhra
    December 21, 2017 / 5:49 am

For me, festive season is synonymous with good food. I loved reading the most popular foods on Christmas in UK.

• December 21, 2017 / 12:36 pm

I was really interested to discover the UK’s top Xmas foods too, although I was surprised that a few of my favourites were missing.

7. December 21, 2017 / 6:19 pm

Love a good cheese board! Though for me the highlight is Christmas dinner with pigs in blankets and roast potatoes!

• December 22, 2017 / 1:07 am

Christmas dinner is the best bit for me, too! The roasties are my favourite part, I like loads of them and they have to be big, golden and crispy!

8. The Blonde Diary
    December 21, 2017 / 6:54 pm

LOve the graphics, so cute. I feel like these foods and combinations are favorites all over the world though. Who doesn’t love cheese and wine lol

• December 22, 2017 / 1:05 am

Cheese and wine are definitely universally loved! And chocolate.

9. December 21, 2017 / 8:19 pm

I am all about the cheese!! I’m not surprised at the top ten, I love Christmas food and the more the merrier!

• December 22, 2017 / 1:05 am

I love cheese at Christmas too 🙂 – and all year round for that matter!

10. December 22, 2017 / 11:34 am

I am not a Christian but I still love Christmas and this time of the year. There is festivity all around that you simply cannot ignore and of course, my birthday falls on the Christmas day making it all the more special for me. I don’t know all that much about Christmas traditions but I still put up a Christmas tree and a star and all the other decor because it is fun. So, it is interesting to learn about ways different countries celebrate this festival. Enjoyed your post and yeah, I can drink the Wine an Cheese combo all year round! 🙂

• December 22, 2017 / 3:41 pm

Aww, it’s lovely to hear that you still enjoy the festive season. Happy Birthday for Christmas Day too 😀

11. December 22, 2017 / 4:59 pm

Where is the turkey and cranberry sauce? 😀 I lived in the UK for a while but for Christmas I always go back to my home country, Romania. Love your graphic ♥

• December 22, 2017 / 8:15 pm

Ooh, what does a Romanian Christmas dinner consist of?

12. December 22, 2017 / 7:35 pm

People in the U.K. are definitley food lovers after my own heart. In fact, I just sent my hubby out to the store to stock up for our weekend holiday parties. On the list? Prosecco, lots of cheese and crackers, olives, salmon and (of course!) chocolates. Wishing for your family a wonderful holiday season! x

• December 22, 2017 / 8:15 pm

Good choices. I couldn’t get though Christmas without Prosecco, crusty bread, crackers, cheese and pate!

13. December 23, 2017 / 4:30 pm

I love Christmas mostly because of so much amazing food we get to eat. I knew cheese is one thing that would be in top list for UK’s Christmas food. I love almost all of them – chocolates, wines, olives, pies.. Mouth watering!!

• December 23, 2017 / 5:49 pm

Me too! Cheese is my alltime favourite – goats cheese and Camembert in particular!

14. December 23, 2017 / 8:13 pm

100% yes! I am all about all the cheese I can get. Of course It is in the top ten.

• December 24, 2017 / 1:50 am

Me too. Cheese please 🙂

15. December 26, 2017 / 6:02 pm

I have eaten so much smoked salmon over the last few days, I can definitely agree with this! I love all the different cheeses at Christmas too, mmmm especially a nice bit of brie, with bacon and cranberry sauce in a warm, freshly baked roll 😉 x

• December 28, 2017 / 5:04 pm

I get through lots of smoked salmon in general – love it for breakfast! I also love cheese. Hot baked Camembert with crusty white bread is my favourite!